ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

All Caps button

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John CuevasAll Caps button
by on Jul 16, 2014 at 5:31:40 pm

When you press it, where does AE get/create the text? For example, I have a font with some numbers and when I press "All Caps" my numbers change size and typeface. I've looked at the character map and I can't find them---I need the unicode to finish an expression.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: All Caps button
by on Jul 16, 2014 at 6:36:15 pm

I'm confused. You're referring to the All Caps button in the AE Character window? That should just take whichever characters are selected on the current text layer and force them into their uppercase versions (or all characters if there isn't a selection).

What typeface are you using?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: All Caps button
by on Jul 16, 2014 at 7:11:47 pm
Last Edited By John Cuevas on Jul 16, 2014 at 7:14:07 pm

I'm using a clients fonts. In regular mode, the numbers are below the baseline and different sizes. The only way to get the numbers to match and to move to the baseline is to press the all caps button in the character window. When I do this, the typeface for the numbers changes. I've looked in the windows character map tool, and I don't find "Capital Numbers", or any numbers that match this new typeface.

I even used the simple expression text.sourceText.toUpperCase() and the letters change, but not the numbers.

The reason I was trying to find where AE was getting these numbers was so I could find the unicode, so I could write and expression to automate some work, using two different fonts in one line, with variable source text.

All Caps Button pressed:

Font Regular Style:

Thanks for anyone taking a look at this and helping me work it out.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: All Caps button
by on Jul 16, 2014 at 6:37:48 pm

Does this odd behavior also happen when you toggle on the all caps button in the Character panel in AE?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]