ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Ironing out last few bugs in first music video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg SageIroning out last few bugs in first music video
by on Jul 16, 2014 at 5:17:45 pm
Last Edited By Greg Sage on Jul 16, 2014 at 5:20:04 pm

Created in AE. Rendered out in full quality using animation codec. Used ME to compress for YT.

The video is almost done. This is a test render I did last night to catch anything I missed in editing.

I thought I'd put any issues together into one thread now that I have something to share.

Known issues:

1 The outro music starts way late. Will fix.

2 There's a ghosted rectangle in all the comic flyover scenes. (Trying to work through that in another thread)

3 Motion in flyovers is a bit "choppy". Would welcome any advice about how to smooth it out. I've tried with and without motion blur, and I'm just not seeing a difference. This is with it on, but I'm not seeing it do anything. I have the box checked for nested comps to inherit switch, and I have it on for checked layers in output settings.

4 The YT compression is absolutely destroying a few things (the rings look like pure satin uncompressed). I've got settings maxed out, and did YT output settings for ME, but with all hq options enabled. Not sure if there's something else I could be doing.

5 I made the mistake of doing everything in 8 bit non-linear, etc. I've since learned a bit about color management, but it seems a lot of work to go back and redo everything. Aside from some bottomed out shadows and rather uneven color shift in the rings, the color seems relatively ok... though open to any suggestions.

Mainly, though, since this is my first attempt at a music video, I'm looking for anything I might have missed, or anything that looks like it could be improved if I understood something a bit better.

Thx for any input.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved