ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Moving footage with greenscreen footage that doesnt move

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marvin HackfortMoving footage with greenscreen footage that doesnt move
by on Jul 14, 2014 at 4:59:47 pm

Hey,
I am going to film a little music video in 3 days and I am thinking about how to get this one effect.
I am going to have a slow camera movement from the left side to the right side of the room.
Afterwards I want to have a person appear in different spots in that footage.
The way I wanted to do this was by
1) film the actual background footage with moving the camera
2) film the person in front of a green screen in the same room for the same lighting on a tripod
3) track the background (do i need a 3d tracker?)
4) use the greenscreen person on the tracked data so he stays where i want him to stay

does this work or do i need to know something?

thanks in advance

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Moving footage with greenscreen footage that doesnt move
by on Jul 14, 2014 at 7:21:18 pm

I've done this effect without a greenscreen. Shoot the clean plate without people. Shoot the person in those locations on a locked down shot, then motion track and insert the person into the clean plate.

You can the technique a bit in these videos.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Marvin HackfortRe: Moving footage with greenscreen footage that doesnt move
by on Jul 14, 2014 at 7:30:31 pm
Last Edited By Marvin Hackfort on Jul 14, 2014 at 7:40:38 pm

Okay, so I would basically film the background, then three tripod shots with the people in it, right? and then cut them out or use a green screen, motion track the background and put them in there?
right? sound so much more complicated than my version but it sounds like its the same or maybe i dont understand :O
but thanks !

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Moving footage with greenscreen footage that doesnt move
by on Jul 14, 2014 at 8:29:25 pm

Nope you got it right, doing it this way, you get the person into the scene vs doing a composite. I've done it in the past and done right looks really cool, but it takes some work and practice to execute.

Your workflow should work for you video, but I would suggest if you can to do some test ahead of time. It will reduce some of the surprises that will inevitably pop up later.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Marvin HackfortRe: Moving footage with greenscreen footage that doesnt move
by on Jul 14, 2014 at 8:57:48 pm

I planned on testing it tommorow, i will show u how it worked out and maybe u got some ideas to make it better :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]