ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Arrows in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rory WalshArrows in AE
by on Jul 14, 2014 at 11:19:42 am

Good morning. I have recently started learning to use AE, so my knowledge of any keyboard shortcut is super basic. I recently got a request to do an arrow on a map pointing to a specific country, and I had managed to somehow illustrate the arrow without actually creating one, but the client requested a different effect to be made on it, because they'd rather have the arrowhead come out first, then get to the desired country.

I´ve found a video on youtube that shows exactly what I need, however the video doesn´t really show what things he selected, or if he´s copying and pasting, etc. I guess for a complete beginner like me it´s hard to understand.

This is the video I´m talking about

So I guess my question is, could someone please help me understand what exactly is happening here? The final result is perfectly close to what I need, so it´d be extremely useful to be able to do what this person did. Thank you very much in advance to anyone that takes the time to watch the video.

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Arrows in AE
by on Jul 14, 2014 at 3:56:38 pm

The author is demonstrating the use of expressions to link properties together. This is achieved by alt/option clicking on the time-vary stopwatch to invoke expression mode. Then the properties are linked using the pick-whip.

Look up expressions in After Effects help.

I've re-created the arrow as demonstrated here:

Return to posts index

Liran TabibRe: Arrows in AE
by on Dec 18, 2015 at 9:26:36 am

maybe this Arrow preset and tutorial would help:
good luck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved