ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects CC (2014) going really slow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy WickAfter Effects CC (2014) going really slow
by on Jul 13, 2014 at 4:10:00 pm

I have a project I'm working on - really tight deadline and After Effects is having some huge performance issues...I've never had this problem in the last version of CC and I have no idea how to fix it.

1. Is there a way to save my project to CC (not 2014) so I can use the previous version?
2. Has anyone else noticed any performance issues with the new After Effects?

Return to posts index

hanna leeRe: After Effects CC (2014) going really slow
by on Jul 13, 2014 at 5:14:04 pm
Last Edited By hanna lee on Jul 13, 2014 at 5:18:06 pm

depending on your ram if u got less then 2gig then yeh its ram , i have 4gig so far gona upgrade to 16 next week , i am running 4gig win 7 and running after effects cc 2014 + mocha + firefox = 600mb =700mb in taskmanager and still no issues , check your ram.

if you got browsers open close them , i seen browsers eat allot of ram this is just stupid.
if you work on something heavy i recommened you have working tools open rest kill it.

also download privacy eraser , after effects makes large cauche it will take ( gigs ) out of your hdd without you realising and also causing after effects to slow , running a system clean with privacy eraser boostes your after effects 100% runs so fast , a system restart after all will work best i checked works all the time.

what i do is after am finished or closed a project i just run the cleaner to wipe out temp files etc

Return to posts index

Oki PienandoroRe: After Effects CC (2014) going really slow
by on Jul 13, 2014 at 8:17:35 pm

You can save to previous version of CC. Just go to save as | save a copy as CC(12).
Are you on Mac ? There are some issue with CC 2014 on Mavericks from what i've read on forum. But not performance like you mentioned though (i assume the issue you were talking about is rendering times ?)

Sorry for the english, not native speaker.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: After Effects CC (2014) going really slow
by on Jul 14, 2014 at 1:59:05 pm

Just a guess: is there any chance you've accidentally set your comp to use the ray-tracing renderer? Check Comp Settings > Advanced. Unless you are using the ray-tracer on purpose, the renderer should read Classic 3D.

Without that, more information about your system and what you're trying to do can help us find the cause of the slow-down. I haven't found CC 2014 to be slower than CC.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

fer martinezRe: After Effects CC (2014) going really slow
by on Nov 25, 2014 at 9:25:44 pm

first im from mexico and i cant understand so much english but,
my problem is that i work on an "audio spectrum" ? or i dont know
and it seems very delayed or too slow
i dont know what it could be
can someone help?

Return to posts index

EricBowenRe: After Effects CC (2014) going really slow
by on Jul 14, 2014 at 5:05:30 pm

How much ram do you have in your system and what are the over all system specs? AE 2014 so far seems to be showing larger ram usage and profiles in general especially if previewing in full res.

Tech Manager

Return to posts index

Robert MuhammadRe: After Effects CC (2014) going really slow
by on Jul 21, 2014 at 6:40:09 pm

I am having the exact same issue with Adobe AE CC 2014. It's not just while rendering, when working within a comp, previewing frames is extremely slow (even at half and third resolution).

I checked to make sure ray-tracing is off and it is. The comp settings are set for classic 3D.

I know it's just this version because when I open the same projects in the last version of AE it works just fine.

I'm running it on a 2008 Mac Pro 8-core
Processor 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 12 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB
Software OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved