ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

multiple image reproduction???

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Winnmultiple image reproduction???
by on Jul 12, 2014 at 2:35:40 am

So I need to make it look like a bunch of popcorn is magically floating out of a popcorn bucket. I need to know if there is a way to use 4 different single popcorn images on a transparent background and duplicate them all multiple times to make it look like a bunch is coming out of the bucket, each with a different rotation, direction and speed. I don't want to set key frames on each individual layer because that would take tons of time with that many layers.

Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks much!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: multiple image reproduction???
by on Jul 12, 2014 at 4:43:15 pm

How real does this have to look?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Danny WinnRe: multiple image reproduction???
by on Jul 12, 2014 at 6:01:11 pm

Needs to look as if it were really happening, so very real. Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: multiple image reproduction???
by on Jul 13, 2014 at 4:05:52 pm

Sorry to hear that. You'll have a problem with 1) shadows and 2) 2D images.

Unless the pieces of popcorn were shot under a light tent, they'll have shadows. To look real, they should fall in the same direction on all the pieces of popcorn. So that rules out flipping the popcorn pieces norizontally/vertically to create the illusion of different pieces of popcorn -- the shadows would be all over the place. Furthermore, if you were to use any kind of rotation, the shadows would MOVE... which they can't on a still image.

I don't know what kind of motion you intend to give the image, but tumbling through the air cames to mind for me. This implies all sorts of subtle rotation in all 3 axes, and that's impossible to do with a 2-D image.

If you were willing to settle for "okay" rather than "realistic" you'd have more options.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: multiple image reproduction???
by on Jul 14, 2014 at 1:26:45 pm

You could do it with any of several particle plugins. Particular would be your best bet.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]