ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How can I change a Composition and all the layers and comps inside it to the same duration.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua ChaulkHow can I change a Composition and all the layers and comps inside it to the same duration.
by on Jul 10, 2014 at 7:07:17 pm
Last Edited By Joshua Chaulk on Jul 10, 2014 at 7:08:48 pm

I've imported a character I made in photoshop as a composition and there are multiple comps and layers inside the master comp for that character. When I imported the psd into my project it imported with a 15 sec duration when i need it to be a full minute. I tried just clicking ctrl + K with the psd composition selected and changed the duration but it only effected the master comp for that psd. is there a way to change the duration of all the layers inside the composition at the same time so i don't have to spend a half hour doing all the layers individually?

Win 7 (64-bit)
After Affects CC(2014)

Return to posts index

James HuenergardtRe: How can I change a Composition and all the layers and comps inside it to the same duration.
by on Jul 10, 2014 at 7:36:37 pm

Yes,

However, if you have nested comps, you'll have to change those individually.

For all regular image or solid layers, select all, go to the end of the comp and press ALT + Right Bracket or OPTION + Right Bracket.

All your layers will now be the length of the comp UNLESS you have nested comps or footage that isn't long enough.

Hope this helps.

Reel Inspirations - http://www.reelinspirations.com
Commercials, Dramas, Image Pieces, Documentaries, Motion Graphics

Return to posts index

Joshua ChaulkRe: How can I change a Composition and all the layers and comps inside it to the same duration.
by on Jul 10, 2014 at 8:12:59 pm

[James Huenergardt] "nested comps"

I assume nested comps are comps within a comp? Yeah I probably have like 40 layers and nested comps within the one comp... Guess I will have to do things the hard way.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: How can I change a Composition and all the layers and comps inside it to the same duration.
by on Jul 10, 2014 at 8:40:03 pm

there is a default duration preference for still image import in after effects.

the default usually uses the last created comp duration, but you can also set it to be a fixed duration. if you want to make sure the psd file imports in as a full minute, you can go to preferences>import and set the still footage value to 1:00:00.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]