ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Iron Man HUD - Scale up 3D scene to match 2D background plate

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike DouglasIron Man HUD - Scale up 3D scene to match 2D background plate
by on Jul 10, 2014 at 12:30:50 am

Hi there, I have a 3D scene that I've created using the 3D Camera Tracker. It was tracked from a video clip that had a locked off camera with a guy moving his head around. I'm doing something very much like the Iron Man helmet HUD, and I want the HUD elements to move around when he moves his head.

The 3D Tracker seemed to be the best way to get this tracked, but it results in a camera that moves around and static elements, which is totally backwards but it's generally working. If someone has a better solution, I'm open to that! That's not my question, though.

Assuming I'm going with this approach, I need to scale up my original footage about 250% so that it's cropped correctly, but if I scale it up or move it around, it no longer matches the 3D scene.

I don't want to work with everything smaller than needed, precomp it and scale up the precomp - even if I continuously rasterize all of the elements that will just turn into a massive pain with blending modes.

Any ideas on how to scale up both the 2D background plate AND the 3D scene? Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved