ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After effects : 3D Elments

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hanna lee
After effects : 3D Elments
on Jul 9, 2014 at 5:50:56 pm

i have the new after effects that has 3d camera track.

i am having some issues with element which is when i try and add an object from video co pilot it stays invisible because i have a 3d camera below , if i uncheck the 3d camera then the ( object ) is visible pleaese help.

i also tried to add new camera from , layer / new / camera then the ( object ) is shown but when i drag it all my other 3d objects gets moved away or disorted or disturbed by it please advise urgent.

Return to posts index

hanna lee
Re: After effects : 3D Elments
on Jul 9, 2014 at 6:09:02 pm

oh also if i may add to this post i forgot to menshion when i move the time line of a video left - right the object disappears at the end of the corners how come.

say i drag the time line to the left , the ( object ) say a box soon as it reaches the end of the ( solid ) it disappears like it gets masked away i want to remove this so i can have the ( object seen at all times thanks.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 9, 2014 at 6:12:03 pm

Element should be applied to a 2D layer, not a 3D layer.

If that's not your problem, some screenshots showing your problem, some Element parameters, and your entire Ae UI will be most helpful.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

hanna lee
on Jul 9, 2014 at 7:41:40 pm

here is the video i made sir youtube link below.

their are two things am tring to archive sir.

1: after i have added 3d text from ( 3d camera tracker ) i wish to add 3d objects to my scene from ( video co-pilot ) am struggeling so far nothing seems to help stuck at this point.

what i tried so far

just to let you know i have 3d camera tracker text already
now i want to add 3d object or text from video co pilot
i create a ( solid ) then , click the element button , i add my ( objects ) then after am back in after effects my object is not visible , the only way to make it visible is to uncheck the 3dcamera below or add a new camera above then it becomes visible then again my current 3d text gets disturbed by it and this is becoming a big problem for me sir.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 9, 2014 at 8:07:40 pm

Check out this tutorial:
http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial/3d_truck_compositing/

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

hanna lee
on Jul 9, 2014 at 8:45:05 pm

i tried doing all whats shown in video still i have problem with post 1

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 9, 2014 at 9:18:39 pm

If you can't see your model with the camera in the scene, then the camera is not pointed at the object.

If you'll watch the tutorial that Walter linked, the guy moves his AE scene so that the camera is pointing towards the original center.

Alternatively, move your Element emitter to an area that the camera is pointing at. Use AE's camera tracker tool to create a null somewhere on the ground and then have the Element emitter be positioned there.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

hanna lee
on Jul 9, 2014 at 11:14:16 pm

can you come in my pc via team viewer sir if you shown me once i will learn quick, am a quick learner only need to se it done by pro like you gents please kindly can you provide help over remote desktop sir.

Return to posts index

hanna lee
on Jul 9, 2014 at 11:18:30 pm

can you please come to my pc via team viewer i will wait for you
please download this 5mb team viewer and enter my id and pass

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

my user id is 558 391 689

password 9825

anybody is welcome to help me please

please i wasted whole 4 days trying to learn i had no choice but to register on this forum to get help from you gents i am hoping to se some results sometime soon please guys.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 10, 2014 at 1:49:04 pm

[hanna lee] "i tried doing all whats shown in video still i have problem with post 1"

Have you created track nulls from the 3D camera track? This will give you the positional data you need to place the 3D object in your 3D scene.

Also, I noticed in your video that you're trying to move the model by adjusting the Element layer directly. You can't do that. You need to manipulate position and scale within Element's controls.

Maybe you should start here:
http://www.videocopilot.net/help/element/tutorial/basic/getting_started/

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

hanna lee
on Jul 10, 2014 at 7:16:16 pm

problem starts when having 2 camera in project what to do from here tho

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 10, 2014 at 8:18:13 pm

If you've done a 3d track of the scene, there should only be one camera - the one created by the camera tracker.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

hanna lee
on Jul 10, 2014 at 8:38:38 pm

yup your right as you said sir i have 1 camera made by 3d tracker, but in video co pilot when i add object , it remains invisible because of the 3d camera being their , if i uncheck the 3d camera then i can se the object

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 10, 2014 at 8:47:38 pm

[hanna lee] " it remains invisible because of the 3d camera being their , if i uncheck the 3d camera then i can se the object"

No, the object remains invisible because the tracked camera is pointed somewhere else, other than the default center, and can't see it.

You have to move the 3D object into the view of the camera. Adjust its Position XY and Position Z properties, found in Element > Group 1 > Particle Replicator.

You can add a track null from the 3D tracker layer and examine its position to get a sense of where your Element object belongs in the scene.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

hanna lee
on Jul 10, 2014 at 8:59:58 pm

you know sir i CANT belive this i just dont no get this check this outt!!!!.

the link you gave me previously on youtube guy is speaking in full english and i followed every step of the way still i failed .

but when i followed this video on youtube link is below

this guy dont speak english i am not sure what language his talking but i followed him and i successfully added an object wow .

i just dont get it why i have failed to add an object when i have tried to follow all steps by the guy who was speaking in english maybe the person ether rushed it or missed out a step didnt mention it on video this is why it didnt work for me , but now that i followed this guy i have successfully added a nuke warhead in carpark lol with 3d motion wow

Return to posts index

hanna lee
on Jul 10, 2014 at 9:02:50 pm

Walter Soyka , i really thank you so much for all the effort you putting in to help everybody i respect your work sir really thanks so much , keep up the good work sir.

i am gona restart my project and do what i did before follow all steps i have done before and try and follow your last post to se if i can position the object to so the camera can se it i will try that thanks allot sir.

Walter Soyka , your not ( uri boyka ) ? actor from undisputed 2 ,3 xD

Return to posts index

hanna lee
on Jul 10, 2014 at 10:13:54 pm

my object shakes or movies not at static location,

when i click my null and move the timeline my null remains intact at its position , how come my object movies with camera.

Return to posts index

hanna lee
on Jul 10, 2014 at 10:58:42 pm

i successfully added a motobike in scene and all working now i got the hang of it,the problem was the camera centering it thanks.

were can i get realistic car or plane models for free

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]