ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

WAV file clipping in After Effects, but not in Premiere or Audition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom AndersonWAV file clipping in After Effects, but not in Premiere or Audition
by on Jul 8, 2014 at 4:51:17 pm

I'm working on an animation in After Effects, and the audio file I received sounds like it's clipping. Even the gauge shows it's clipping. The waveform looks fine, peaking just below 0 dB. When I turn the audio layer down to 16 dB, it still clips, just more quietly.

I brought the audio file into Premiere and Audition, and it plays perfectly there. No clipping.

Here's the weirdest part... The audio track has three different sections of music. All of them play at the same volume in Premiere and Audition, as they should. But in After Effects, the third section of music is much quieter than the other two.

Before, I ran into a problem while importing a video that was recorded with surround sound. So I wondered if this audio track was also mixed in surround, but it wasn't. It's in stereo.

Does anyone have any insight as to what's going on or how to fix it? Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: WAV file clipping in After Effects, but not in Premiere or Audition
by on Jul 8, 2014 at 5:49:09 pm

Is it possible you have multiple instances of the WAV file in precomps?

Is it possible the audio is multichannel? I don't do a lot of audio work in Ae, but I don't believe multichannel audio is supported.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Tom AndersonRe: WAV file clipping in After Effects, but not in Premiere or Audition
by on Jul 8, 2014 at 6:12:36 pm

Problem solved!

Your post lead me to the culprit, Walter. Down through my many layers, I found I still had two of the three original music tracks (without sound effects or VO) still turned on, which explains why the music was so low on the third section. No more clipping. All is well. Whew. I was hoping it would be something simple.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: WAV file clipping in After Effects, but not in Premiere or Audition
by on Jul 8, 2014 at 9:20:37 pm

[Tom Anderson] "I found I still had two of the three original music tracks (without sound effects or VO) still turned on, which explains why the music was so low on the third section. No more clipping. All is well."

I do pretty much this same thing myself about every other project!

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]