ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AfterEffects installation problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sahadeo BatesAfterEffects installation problems
by on Jul 7, 2014 at 3:18:18 pm

Greetings and thanks in advance for answers.
I am currently attempting to install Adobe AfterEffects on a windows 7 32bit and are not getting it to install. is there a aftereffects 32bit for windows or is somthing wrong with the installation file. i download more than one setup files

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: AfterEffects installation problems
by on Jul 7, 2014 at 3:34:36 pm

The current version of AE is 13.

After Effects has, since version 10 (or CS5), been a 64-bit program. You must either run version 9 (CS4) or get a 64-bit operating system.

The benefit of a 64-bit system is that you can use more than 4 BG of RAM (among other things).

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Sahadeo BatesRe: AfterEffects installation problems
by on Jul 7, 2014 at 3:44:08 pm

Michael, thanks for your reply. what i am trying to figure out is, are there any after effects for win. 7, 32 bits system?

Return to posts index

by on Jul 7, 2014 at 3:46:55 pm

[Sahadeo Bates] "what i am trying to figure out is, are there any after effects for win. 7, 32 bits system?"

As I said in my last post, CS4 or earlier versions will work on 32-bit systems.

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 7, 2014 at 4:18:26 pm

Michael, i believe that because it windows 7, it cannot work. up to vista they could work on

Return to posts index

by on Jul 7, 2014 at 5:04:07 pm

I know some people have gotten CS4 to run on Windows 7.

However, if you really need to do professional video work, it would be a good idea to get a more professionally oriented operating system. (It doesn't cost much to go up to 64-bit Windows unless your processor isn't 64-bit...)

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

by on Jul 9, 2014 at 2:01:29 pm

Michael, i am in South America and in a hurry. i am order someone to get a 64bit system for me but until then i really need to get this project off so i would appreciate if someone tells me how to get a sc4 after effects to install on a 32bit windows 7 system

Return to posts index

by on Jul 9, 2014 at 2:16:18 pm

The first result for a Google search of After Effects CS4 Windows 7 32-bit was this link: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/release-notes-effects-premiere-pro...
It lists Windows 7 Ultimate as an operating system that CS4 can run on.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

by on Jul 9, 2014 at 4:02:47 pm

Micheal, thanks very much for your dedicated replies. i google and was convince that it is impossible but you comment about some keeps me going. i recall once when installing a program i had to set the compatibility settings to the the operating system on the machine. here is what i did: i extract all the files to a folder and the click on the setup icon, right click and select properties then select compatibility. Click on the box run this program in compatibility mode for and the select windows 7 [windows xp (service pack 3)was highlighted] from the list. i got the program to install. will be testing it and give you an update.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]