ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I am getting new pc.Below is the pc spec my friend suggest me to get. I need feedback please! (Since I am pc spec newbie)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wong kc
I am getting new pc.Below is the pc spec my friend suggest me to get. I need feedback please! (Since I am pc spec newbie)
on Jul 7, 2014 at 11:31:41 am

CPU - XEON E3 1230 V3 1150 3.20 8MB
MB - ASROCK B85M PRO 4 1150 VSGL
GC - SAPPHIRE R9 270X boost 4GB D5 256
Ram - VG PC1600 C10 CMZ/CML 2 piece
HDD - WD blue 1TB
SSD - Plextor M5S 128GB
Casing - Aerocool Xpredator X1
PSU - FSP Hexa 500W

He is highly recommend to get 1 ssd for operating system.
My main work is about motion graphic by using after effects. And I am going to learn cinema 4d/3ds max to enhance my motion graphic skills.
I know AE prefer more ram but I wonder did this Graphic card can improve the performance.
Any guru please leave some feedback !! thanks =)

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: I am getting new pc.Below is the pc spec my friend suggest me to get. I need feedback please! (Since I am pc spec newbie)
on Jul 7, 2014 at 2:44:15 pm

I think you're better off getting a high-spec i7 CPU than a low-spec Xeon. Unless you're going to go dual-processor, the Xeon isn't worth it.

[wong kc] "I know AE prefer more ram but I wonder did this Graphic card can improve the performance."

Ae likes RAM. Assume that you'll leave at least a quarter of your total RAM for other processes, and then aim for 2-4 GB per core thereafter.

The GPU doesn't matter all that much unless you're using the ray-tracing renderer, in which case you want NVIDIA, not AMD. Third-party plugins like Element 3D which use OpenGL just need a good card, not a specific one.

[wong kc] "He is highly recommend to get 1 ssd for operating system."

An SSD is nice for the operating system. Will 128 GB be enough for your apps?

An SSD is also nice for the After Effects cache. If the budget is tight, you can always add another one for the cache later.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

EricBowen
Re: I am getting new pc.Below is the pc spec my friend suggest me to get. I need feedback please! (Since I am pc spec newbie)
on Jul 7, 2014 at 2:49:35 pm
Last Edited By EricBowen on Jul 7, 2014 at 2:50:50 pm

Get the 4790K which can clock over 4.5GHz very easy. Also get a z97 board which can have Thunderbolt as an add on card if Asus. That is far better for AE and motion graphics than that Xeon CPU. Also 16GB of ram is what you need at a minimum. An SSD drive for the OS would be ideal and look for the Crucial M550 or Samsung Pro drives for that. If you plan to use any other Adobe application besides AE then get an Nvidia card such as the 760GTX 4GB or 770GTX 4GB. Don't rely on simulated Open CL benchmarks for graphics cards. Those benchmarks don't reflect performance in Adobe or most GPU acceleration application accept for Vegas.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager
support@adkvideoediting.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]