ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Ripple in video caused by Vibration

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter VogelaarRipple in video caused by Vibration
by on Jul 4, 2014 at 2:34:20 am

Fairly new to editing in Adobe CS. But I am having problems with one of my clips, and I just cannot figure out a solution.

I fly a multicopter with a gopro moounted. Today I had to use a 'backup' drone of mine that occasionaliy give me video with a ;ripple' caused by vibration from the props. Usually I just cut out the video that has this ripple, but the video I have now has it all, and I cannot figure out an effect, or fix in either Premiere Pro or After effects to clean it up.

An example of this is here:

Youtubes compression makes it looks worse than it really is, but you get the idea of the problem.

Help please.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Ripple in video caused by Vibration
by on Jul 4, 2014 at 5:46:38 pm

You now how to get rid of that stuff on that particular shot and in that particular location? Shoot at a different time of day.

You've got some lens flare caused by the sun, and the helicopter blades are messing with the sunlight falling on the lens, only making it look worse.

Shoot at a time of day when the sun is more behind the camera, and the problem goes away. Or shoot on a cloudy day when there's no direct sunlight.

This is one of those "know your camera" deals. It is NOT one of those "how can I use digital magic to fix my poor shooting technique" deals.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Peter VogelaarRe: Ripple in video caused by Vibration
by on Jul 4, 2014 at 9:24:22 pm

I'm not looking for digital magic, and I do not believe the sun has anything to do with the 'ripples' that are in this video.

Shooting from a different area, and direction still shows the 'ripples', even when there is no sun on a cloudy day.

I am looking for advice on how I can clean this up. Any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved