ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

TV motion tracking movement Question?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luka KeatingTV motion tracking movement Question?
by on Jul 3, 2014 at 6:20:16 pm

Hi there,

I have a scene with an old tv in a place and the camera moves back from the tv revealing the rest of the place and people. I want to replace the blank screen with other footage in post.. to make it appear as though the footage is actually on the TV.

1. is it possible though motion tracking that the replacement footage will move and adjust with the zoom creating the effect that its actually on the screen?

2. whats the best way to set up the tv track points when setting up this scene? should I put a green screen on the TV or just some yellow dots or something for track points?

3. Lastly whats the best way of doing this?

The two first questions are the most important.

Thanks,
Luke

P.S if anyone has time I would also be very grateful for some other advice, In this same scene i am using a dolly track to zoom out from the Tv realving the rest of the area and the people, I know that the track will be visible in the shot and I am just wondering what the best thing to do in post to remove the dolly track is> should i paint the track a certain colour to make it easier for AE to remove this in post (its white at the moment) ?

Thanks ever so much

Return to posts index

Frank FeijenRe: TV motion tracking movement Question?
by on Jul 6, 2014 at 8:31:26 pm

My best guess:
- tape four tiny white or coloured squares on the screen. Keep them about 1/3 of the screen size away from the border of the edge.
- Track those with mocha or a camera tracking in after effects.
- if you've kept the screen dark (off), you'll be able to use the reflection of the screen in your composite (Blur/overlay something on the squares)...

Return to posts index

Luka KeatingRe: TV motion tracking movement Question?
by on Jul 6, 2014 at 9:35:58 pm

thank you for your help.

Will the footage move and adjust to fit the screen as the camera moves so as it looks like its on screen?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: TV motion tracking movement Question?
by on Jul 7, 2014 at 3:33:04 pm

[Luka Keating] "
Will the footage move and adjust to fit the screen as the camera moves so as it looks like its on screen?"

If you have a good track it will.
More info and tutorials here.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]