ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Question: Timline Footage Items/Comps Invisible in AE CC.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth CarperQuestion: Timline Footage Items/Comps Invisible in AE CC.
by on Jun 30, 2014 at 8:30:59 pm
Last Edited By Seth Carper on Jun 30, 2014 at 8:47:11 pm

I've seen this question posted in the forums a few years back but without a concrete helpful answer. I have a composition that I've created: it's a kinetic typography animation. I have items in my composition that are visible in my composition preview window, but are invisible in the timeline. This is an issue because I need to adjust the timing of some of the elements in the timeline.

Notes:

• I do not have 3D turned on for this composition

• These layers are not parented to any other objects.

• I do not have "shy" activated for this composition, so that is not the issue.

• Not every item in my timeline has turned invisible.

• The items within the invisible compositions display perfectly when opened as separate timelines.

• I've included a screenshot which shows text items visible in the composition preview window, but invisible in the timeline. Also, this screenshot shows the keyframes which are animating these text elements but not the actual element.

If anyone has any insight on the cause of this, it would be much appreciated.

*Added note: I'm not sure the cause of this, but it appears that this invisibility effect (if you want to call it that) appears only within a section of layers in my composition. It is not a feature of the layers themselves. example: as a test, I created a new layer low in the layer panel; and it was invisible as the others. I think dragged that layer to the top of my layer stack in the composition, and it was completely visible (as are all others above a certain point in the composition). That seems very strange to me. . .

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Question: Timline Footage Items/Comps Invisible in AE CC.
    by on Jun 30, 2014 at 11:24:10 pm

[Seth Carper] "*Added note: I'm not sure the cause of this, but it appears that this invisibility effect (if you want to call it that) appears only within a section of layers in my composition. It is not a feature of the layers themselves. example: as a test, I created a new layer low in the layer panel; and it was invisible as the others. I think dragged that layer to the top of my layer stack in the composition, and it was completely visible (as are all others above a certain point in the composition). That seems very strange to me. . . "

It might indicate that there is an adjustment layer or an effect applied to a layer below which layers are not visible. Can you identify at what layer index other layers become invisible?

Slightly OT, at over 500 layers the Composition becomes somewhat unwieldy. Have you considered Pre_composing some sections and nesting these in a Master Comp?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]