COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary RiceAnimating/Creating Missing Frames
by on Jun 30, 2014 at 1:29:13 pm

I have access to 3 e created versions of AE:
5.5 (Production Bundle) - very old
CS 3
CS 6

I've created 2 stills in Photoshop of a snake. The first one is the beginning position of the snake. The second one is the ending position of the snake.

Is AE (any of my versions) clever enough to fill in the missing 118 frames - 2 seconds total?

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Animating/Creating Missing Frames
by on Jun 30, 2014 at 1:42:15 pm

I seriously doubt it, and I also seriously doubt that any software is smart enough to come up with an animation based on two frames. Think about how a snake moves. In two seconds, it has moved its muscles dozens of times, oscillating its head and body parts, as well as moving its body in many different ways so as to propel itself along.

Even morphing software would only create a sort of "fade" between the two positions, and I'm sure that's not what you want. I would suggest using the single beginning frame, and then using the puppet tool and maybe some of the distortion effects to achieve what you want.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Conrad OlsonRe: Animating/Creating Missing Frames
by on Jun 30, 2014 at 6:56:48 pm

Also, why are you doing it over 118 frames for 2 seconds? Are you sure you need to work at such a high frame rate?

Return to posts index

Gary RiceRe: Animating/Creating Missing Frames
by on Jul 1, 2014 at 12:26:15 pm

OOPS! I meant 58 frames: standard frame rate. The original timing was 4 seconds (120 frames) for the shot but we cut it to half that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved