ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to do this text animation?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin MooreHow to do this text animation?
by on Jun 30, 2014 at 12:30:20 am

It's sort of a "pop up" text in the first 3 seconds.
Any solutions?

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: How to do this text animation?
by on Jun 30, 2014 at 2:47:26 am

Most likely created in Photoshop, each letter on a separate layer, then animated in on the Z axis in After Effects.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Justin CrowellRe: How to do this text animation?
by on Jun 30, 2014 at 7:27:09 am

Agreed. Though, if this is an actual font, you could probably get close to it with a scale, opacity, and position animator on a text layer.

Editor, Producer, DP

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: How to do this text animation?
by on Jun 30, 2014 at 2:48:50 pm

Along with the other suggestions(particularly separate character layers), here's a little bounce script I made(adapted from Dan Eberts), that you may find useful.

Copy the Control layer to your text comp. Copy the expression on the scale layer of the white solid and paste it to each of your text layers(if you use the Copy expression only by right clicking you can paste it to all your layers at once). Add keyframes for you scale and the expression will provide overshoot, adjust the control layer to change how much and for how long the layer bounces.

Cool thing about this expression is you can add it to rotation or position also, don't need to change anything(though you might want multiple controllers if you are working with more than one property---so you will have to update that)

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Justin MooreRe: How to do this text animation?
by on Jul 1, 2014 at 6:44:57 am

Thanks guys!
All your answers were really helpful :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved