ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Automatic resizing in After Effects CS6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marko Ristić
Automatic resizing in After Effects CS6
on Jun 29, 2014 at 8:40:26 am

I have a composition which is 1920x 1080 and i want to import a .mp4 footage that is 1440x1080.Every time i import it Ae resize the footage to 1920x1080 sets the scale of the footage to 100% .Is there any way to turn that feature off?

Thank you!! :)

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: Automatic resizing in After Effects CS6
on Jun 29, 2014 at 5:26:23 pm

1440x1080 is supposed to be stretched to 1920x1080 because that's the size it should be displayed. The difference is the pixel aspect ratio: 1920x1080 uses square pixels with a pixel aspect ratio of 1.0; 1440x1080 uses rectangular pixels so its aspect ratio is 1.333.

If, for some reason you actually do want to change the pixel aspect ratio of the footage, you can right-click the clip in the project window and go to interpret footage > main and change the "pixel aspect ratio" setting at the bottom of the window.

To copy/paste the settings to other clips right-click the clip in the project window that has the settings you want to apply and go to interpret footage > main > remember interpolation (shortcut: ctrl + alt + c). Then select the clips you want to apply the settings to and right-click and go to interpret footage > main > apply interpolation (shortcut: ctrl + alt + v).

Erik Waluska
EAWmedia

Return to posts index

Marko Ristić
Re: Automatic resizing in After Effects CS6
on Jun 29, 2014 at 10:00:04 pm

Thanks!! That solved the problem! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]