ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Remove markers in After Effects CC 2014?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian AlvarezRemove markers in After Effects CC 2014?
by on Jun 28, 2014 at 5:33:39 am
Last Edited By Sebastian Alvarez on Jun 28, 2014 at 5:34:00 am

I shot some video in my front yard just for learning purposes, to do camera tracking to then export to Modo and composite something over the grass. Since the first attempts didn't give me good tracking I made this grid with a circle in the center and printed out six letter size sheets with it, four of which I placed in a rectangle pattern on the grass to make a plane from them.

Granted, letter size sheets are too big to be used as markers, but I figured that since they were surrounded by grass, it wouldn't be so hard to erase them. But I've been looking for tutorials on how to do that, not in Mocha Pro since I can't afford it for now, but in After Effects. The problem is that all the tutorials I've found so far consist of exporting a frame, cloning it in Photoshop and then use it as a reference along with the tracking tool. But all the tutorials dealt with a simple surface, like removing letters from the back of a boat. That wouldn't work in my case because I'm walking with the camera and the grass is moving in the frame.

I tried tracking the sheets and then making an expression to parent the cloned area to the marker on top of the sheet, which barely works, but it's obvious that it's a cloned area.

Is there a way to do this in AE, or is Mocha Pro the only way to get rid of them? I have the Mocha Pro trial installed for another week and a half because I wanted to test it, but even following the instructions it didn't give me good results.

Can anybody point me to a tutorial that shows how to remove an object that is sitting on the grass, where the camera is moving, and it's camera on hand rather than steadycam?

Sebastian R. Alvarez

Return to posts index

Simon HuangRe: Remove markers in After Effects CC 2014?
by on Jun 28, 2014 at 11:22:23 pm

You could use the clone tool to get rid of it. What it does is that it samples the surrounding area and replaces what ever you sample with it :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved