ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Using the Speed Graph WITHOUT the Mouse

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob FreseUsing the Speed Graph WITHOUT the Mouse
by on Jun 27, 2014 at 4:56:50 pm

So I'm trying to increase my workflow for speed graph editing but either AE is seriously lacking in keyboard shortcuts to help with this, or I'm just not aware of a good way of doing this.

Switching from my keyboard to my mouse and back again constantly just seems so archaic and slow.

Here's what I do -- I J/K to the keyframe I want to edit, ";" to zoom into just that keyframe, ctrl+alt+a to "select all visible keyframes", ":" to zoom back out, ctrl+shift+K to pull up the velocity screen, tab around and change the numbers, enter and watch, rinse and repeat.

How else are people doing this? Is everyone just mousing and keyboard? Does anyone else agree that that feels a little clunky? Are there tricks I'm missing?

And YES I am putting in a feature request for a keyboard shortcut to "select keyframes at playhead" -- but it's not just that, the graph editor/keyframing in general needs some more keyboard shortcuts to get around!

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Using the Speed Graph WITHOUT the Mouse
by on Jun 28, 2014 at 3:07:50 am

I usually either double click the keyframe in the graph editor to pull up velocities if I need specific values or I drag them out in the editor if eyeballing will do it.

I'd like to see a shortcut for advancing to half way between the current time and the next/previous keyframe but that's only going to help for adding keyframes not modifying.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved