ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Do multiple renders from Adobe After Effects decrease video quality?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon HuangDo multiple renders from Adobe After Effects decrease video quality?
by on Jun 27, 2014 at 10:54:33 am

Hey guys, i was wondering if multiple renders from Adobe After Effects decrease video quality.

For example, i am trying to motion track with Syntheyes. However, i need to convert it to png. sequence before importing to Eyes, since the .avi format does not load in Syntheyes... If i export the png sequence from adobe after effects, then import it again, and finally render it in encoder, will the quality of my video decerases dramatically?

Any advice will be appreciated. I don't want to waste time doing something with the incorrect method! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Frank FeijenRe: Do multiple renders from Adobe After Effects decrease video quality?
by on Jun 27, 2014 at 11:24:09 am

Wouldn't it be best to replace the png-sequence with your original source-AVI in aftereffects again?

Return to posts index

Simon HuangRe: Do multiple renders from Adobe After Effects decrease video quality?
by on Jun 27, 2014 at 12:28:09 pm

Oh, right! Didn't think about that.. Anways, just out of curiousity, do multiple renders decrease video quality??

Return to posts index

EricBowenRe: Do multiple renders from Adobe After Effects decrease video quality?
by on Jun 27, 2014 at 2:28:27 pm
Last Edited By EricBowen on Jun 27, 2014 at 2:29:23 pm

You have generation loss if you render to most compression based codecs out which are not designated as lossless. If you render out the files uncompressed codecs/formats or lossless codecs then you normally wont have a generation loss. The lossless codec's though come with a caveat. Some are listed as lossless but still have some quality loss which doesn't often show till you render it more than once. Those are normally called visually lossless.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager
support@adkvideoediting.com

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Do multiple renders from Adobe After Effects decrease video quality?
by on Jun 27, 2014 at 3:13:33 pm

Once your track is completed, you can use your original footage in AE. No need to use the PNG sequence.

Although, if you're using a lossless format, there will be no quality loss. But seriously, you can just use your original footage in AE.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]