ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Importing Premiere Pro Sequences Into After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan McmickleImporting Premiere Pro Sequences Into After Effects
by on Jun 26, 2014 at 7:51:42 pm

When I try to import a single sequence in to After Effects, it doesn't work. It imports, but when I try to drag/drop it into a new composition (or existing one) it's just black and doesn't contain any footage.

I found the only way to fix this is to import the entire Premiere Pro project. I assume this is because it needs the source footage there for the sequence that contains the footage to work.

The problem: Every time I create a new sequence for the same project in Premiere Pro, I have to re-import the entire PP project into adobe. When that happens, it imports all of the source footage again.

How can I import a single PP sequence, have it working, and not have to re-import the entire project again?

Another problem: I deleted a section of clip in premiere pro, but after effects doesn't update the sequence. It seems AE is not aware what PP is doing with existing sequences.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Kerin SharmaRe: Importing Premiere Pro Sequences Into After Effects
by on Jun 29, 2014 at 5:59:52 am

you gotta use Dynamic link. select all clips in the sequence or just the clips you want- right click and replace with after effects composition or go to file>dynamic link> replace with after effects composition.

please not that this is a very processor intensive process. it works good till the part where you do your effects in AE but the time you are done and bring your effects back into premiere you will have a serious lag. I've had problems where the linked clips won't even render.

I prefer the old school way. just export the clips you need in Prores or Dnxhd and do your effects then export the finished clip as prores or DNx and replace it with your original clip.

Kerin Sharma
Colorist|Color Grader

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved