ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

wav (and aif) files sound way different when exported.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jonathan grantwav (and aif) files sound way different when exported.
by on Jun 23, 2014 at 9:39:35 pm

I'm using cs3 on a windows laptop. I have the sound files sounding just like I want them using volume keyframes. But, when I export the movie (either video and audio or just audio export) the balance of volume and keyframe changes are very different. It sounds terrible. I'm not using mp3's I'm using wav files. I tried replacing them with aif but it didn't fix it.

What's the deal???

Return to posts index

Jeff KayRe: wav (and aif) files sound way different when exported.
by on Jun 24, 2014 at 12:03:38 am

The deal is that AE isn't an audio software. The default settings for a render don't export sound. You can bring sound into AE, but don't roundtrip the sound through AE.

Return to posts index

jonathan grantRe: wav (and aif) files sound way different when exported.
by on Jun 24, 2014 at 1:00:18 pm

Then how am I supposed to do the sound? I have to sync it to the render. What's the point of having volume keyframes if they don't work?

I exported it to a premiere pro file but the sound won't play and the keyframes are gone. :(

Return to posts index

Jeff KayRe: wav (and aif) files sound way different when exported.
by on Jun 24, 2014 at 2:02:40 pm

How about doing sound in Premiere? Or Audition?

Or the video from your render should have no issue, so just resync audio in Premiere?

Or bring the AE project file into Media Encoder, rather than using the render queue? Media Encoder will absolutely handle exporting audio better than AE (because AE really can't).

Or rather than a transcode, have Media Encoder create a quicktime reference? That should preserve the audio keyframes and have Premiere look back to the original source audio.

Also your render settings in AE can greatly affect final results. Were you rendering raw or were you trying to have AE encode? Also the render queue default settings don't export audio. If you didn't change it when you exported, then there is no sound because AE didn't even make an attempt to export sound.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: wav (and aif) files sound way different when exported.
by on Jun 24, 2014 at 4:03:53 pm

The trick is to use audio for timing purposes ONLY, and do the audio work in an application that's better suited for working with audio.

I almost NEVER render out audio in an AE comp. I'm talking lip-sync audio, too. Never have a problem because the audio is in a different application -- FCP or Avid -- and it syncs right up. No mixing frame rates. No compressed audio in AE. No audio track on the rendered video. No problems.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]