ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

(Video) how to do this effect in After Effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucas Gonçalves
(Video) how to do this effect in After Effects?
on Jun 23, 2014 at 5:38:50 pm

Hello!

I was watching a video on youtube and found some interesting parts, and I want to learn how to do the after effects in the video they are "8 awensome angles":

The first thing I want to learn in time is 3:37 to 3:40 in the background as the camera was rotating in a circle or something

The second scene is in the time of 4:44 to 4:49 is the same as the first but it has pretty much the detail of the particles in 3d that I can not explain it, but seeing the video gives you an idea

and I also always wanted to learn how to make visual abstract visuals as the background in some parts of this video.

Whew! That is all I have ever asked the question several people around me and nobody knew, so I registered on this forum because here there saw no topic unanswered and all respond well.

Video link:

Thanks for reading!

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
Re: (Video) how to do this effect in After Effects?
on Jun 23, 2014 at 7:16:14 pm

The first one can be done with a moving camera or a stationary camera. My first thought was stationary camera, but it might be easier to have a rotating camera where the rotation of the various 'footage' squares is controlled by an expression that always has them face the camera. The particles look like a pretty straightforward particle generator. But its ultimately 3D compositing and there will be multiple different ways to do this.

In the second I am 99% positive that it was created in an actual 3D modeling software, not in AE.

Return to posts index

Lucas Gonçalves
on Jun 23, 2014 at 7:38:42 pm

I'm sorry I'm beginner / intermediate in after copreender and could not quite what you meant, can you explain again?

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
on Jun 23, 2014 at 10:51:59 pm

The effects, particularly the final polish, in that video are significantly beyond the beginner level of AE. Rather than trying to learn AE by trying to mimick something of that caliber, it would likely be better to get a broader understanding of what the software is capable of. There are many sites with AE tutorials of varying skill levels. One of my favorites is video copilot (http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/). There is a whole lot there and going through many of those should give you a broader basis.

Return to posts index

Lucas Gonçalves
on Jun 23, 2014 at 11:35:43 pm

but I know about After Effects and have this notion, just do not understand what you said before. I said it in tava level beginner \ intermediate not because I'm starting (I think even expressed myself wrong on that part) but because it has a lot to still learn at the level that I am, I tried to imitate this effect could even repeat the videos without having to stay with one on one, but the part that rotates the camera is that I have no idea how to do.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
on Jun 24, 2014 at 12:13:43 am

We are having trouble with the language barrier.

You rotate the camera by rotating the camera layer. I have no other way to explain this part.

Have the videos rotate to face the camera by Layer > Transform > Auto Orient then orient towards the camera. This can also be done with javascript expressions, but I often start using expressions when there is a simpler method.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]