ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Beer on green screen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay SmithBeer on green screen
by on Jun 23, 2014 at 3:09:24 pm

Hey guys, anyone ever shot beer on greenscreen? I have a job coming up with a slow motion pour that needs to be placed on several different solid colour backgrounds. I'm thinking since the beer is more or less skin tone that green would be the best background, slightly underexposed with plenty of bounce cards to get some solid specular reflections in the beer. Wondering if anyone has any other pointers that will save me from possible nightmare keying issues.

Return to posts index

George GoodmanRe: Beer on green screen
by on Jun 23, 2014 at 3:41:35 pm

Hmm, I would think black would be the way to go and get a luma key. That way, you'll never have any black in your actual pour. I'd be worried that the green would reflect and infiltrate the color of the beer.

"|_ (°_0) _|"

Return to posts index

Jay SmithRe: Beer on green screen
by on Jun 23, 2014 at 3:48:58 pm
Last Edited By Jay Smith on Jun 23, 2014 at 3:53:09 pm

I considered black but I'm worried about losing some dark details in the pour. There's a clip on our site that is a slow motion beer pour at :05, and there is a bit of darkening around the edges.

I'm ok with some green showing through the liquid, as this will key out fine and give me some transparency. As long as it's lit well the beer itself should be a nice solid yellow at it's thickest point.

Liquid shoots are pretty stressful, especially considering I'm not even shooting it. Just tell them what I want and hope for the best!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved