ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

keyframe path, change/update all keys

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Pozzer
keyframe path, change/update all keys
on Jun 19, 2014 at 10:28:01 pm

just wondering if there is some secret option i dont know about for changing a path on ALL keyframes, so you dont have to change each frame at a time. example, i roto something, realize 1 spot needs a consistent amount of adjustment to 1 side, so i now have to change it one keyframe 1, skip to key2 and change it there, skip to key3 and change it there... etc etc x100 keys. it would be wonderful if there was a way to have your changes affect all keyframes for that path. possible?

thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: keyframe path, change/update all keys
on Jun 19, 2014 at 10:43:06 pm

Oh, this is an easy one: park the timeline curson on any of the keyframes in question and highlight ALL of them. Now use right-left-up-down keys to move the layer -- or just move it in the comp window -- and ALL the keyframes move by that amount.

Slick, huh?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Aaron Pozzer
on Jun 19, 2014 at 11:10:41 pm

thanks for the reply dave, but its not quite what i was after. maybe my wording on the problem wasnt precise enough. i meant a single point on a mask, not the entire mask. so if 1 point is wrong, but the 10 other points making up the mask are correct over time, i could somehow select that 1 point and adjust it... whatever.... 10pixels to the left... for all keyframes.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 20, 2014 at 12:07:16 am

I thought you were talking about position keyframes. There MIGHT be a script that can move just one mask vertex across all mask path position keyframes, but if there is, I don't know about it. Sorry.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Jun 20, 2014 at 12:43:37 pm

I believe keytweak does this.

Return to posts index

Aaron Pozzer
on Jun 20, 2014 at 2:07:45 pm

this would do it, though i was hoping there was just some native AE option i wasnt aware of.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Jun 20, 2014 at 1:55:39 am

The Uber key in mocha does exactly this - which is why most folks prefer mocha for rotoscoping tasks. In AE, the closest option/feature is to enable the Preference - "Preserve Constant Vertex and Feather Point ...".

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]