ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Good news for Adobe Bridge users

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph W. BourkeGood news for Adobe Bridge users
by on Jun 19, 2014 at 5:13:40 pm

I just received a CC update, which added functionality to Adobe Bridge. I had complained a few months ago (and posted in bug report/feature request, that Bridge CC, which I had installed on my desktop machine independent of my CS6 Master Collection (which lives on my workstation), was unable to play back media files. I think it was Alex Udell who figured out that if I installed the trials of either AE or PPro, I would gain that functionality. Since I only wanted Bridge on my desktop machine (business use only), I did not do this.

So lo and behold, today I received a message that there was a CC update available, which turned out to be a new Bridge version. Thus far, it will play back .mp4 and .flv files - I have yet to check other video formats, but I will do this and report back. In the previous version, only .flv files would play back, and everything else (.mp4, .mov, .avi, etc.) would show as just a still. It would play with a double click in Bridge, but I like the ability to preview within Bridge, and this solves the problem. This is version x64 which allows the expanded playback options.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Good news for Adobe Bridge users
by on Jun 19, 2014 at 5:45:09 pm

Glad you like it, Joe.

I'm a fellow Bridge fan.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index