ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion Tile with no seam?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Kornstein
Motion Tile with no seam?
on Jun 19, 2014 at 2:13:41 am

I'm trying to create a background of scrolling clouds. The Illustrator file is meant to scroll seamlessly, but both Offset and Motion Tile leave a small seam where the repetition happens.

Here is how it looks right now:

Is there a way to eliminate that seam?

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
Re: Motion Tile with no seam?
on Jun 19, 2014 at 5:33:23 am

[Robert Kornstein] "The Illustrator file is meant to scroll seamlessly, but both Offset and Motion Tile leave a small seam where the repetition happens."

Depending on your specific needs, perhaps the easiest solution is to redo the original artwork to make it match at the left and right edges of the frame. That way when the image is offset the seam won't be visible.

Return to posts index

Robert Kornstein
on Jun 19, 2014 at 5:50:06 am

It already does match, that's what I was trying to say. The seam appears regardless.

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on Jun 19, 2014 at 6:02:36 am

[Robert Kornstein] "It already does match, that's what I was trying to say. The seam appears regardless."

That's odd, I don't get the same result when the sides match. Here's a rough test I did with an ai file that's the same width as the composition.

7642_seamlessscroll.zip

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Jun 19, 2014 at 5:10:11 pm

it could be due to the artwork not filling the art board fully in illustrator (thus leaving a slight edge).

what if you drag that ai file onto the make comp icon, then set the comp to be 2 pixels less wide (to trim any bad edges), then take that comp into another comp and try offset/motion tile.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Alan Knox
on Aug 12, 2016 at 7:46:45 pm

My *guess* is that your Illustrator file is something like 394.73221 x 599.8322 instead of a crisp 395 x 600. First rescale (taking off constrain proportions) to the crisp number, then re-crop your artboard.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]