ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

What do you think of my build list?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle OwenWhat do you think of my build list?
by on Jun 19, 2014 at 12:04:46 am

I have been a mac guy since 2009 and transitioned away from Premier into Final Cut. However now I am thinking of transitioning back to Premier / AE as my primary editing workflow.

Because I will not need Apple's software, I am thinking of building myself a PC to save some money. I was hoping I could get some critiques on my build I am considering.

I have visited a lot of these threads and some key take aways I have gotten is to focus on RAM and multiple core CPU's. Then to see which GPU is recommended by Adobe. I was hoping that someone could give me some advice on the build I am considering below.

I am trying to stay around $1500-$2500 because new software will cost me at least $1,500 in addition to the new computer.

build list:

Return to posts index

EricBowenRe: What do you think of my build list?
by on Jun 19, 2014 at 2:06:07 pm
Last Edited By EricBowen on Jun 19, 2014 at 2:08:01 pm

Change the 4770K to the 4790K. Much easier to clock the 4790K up. Change the Asus Z97m to the Pro board. That is a much better board and option to add the Thunderbolt EX card to it. I would also recommend swapping the Evo for the Crucial M550 drive. The M550 has far better performance and longer MLC life span ie reliability. The rest looks fine for that budget other than I would recommend the 760GTX 4Gb over the 770GTX 2GB card. That system wont be able to push a 770GTX anyway and better to have the 4GB vram on a card that will be used to it's capability.

Tech Manager

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved