ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering issues with shatter effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cat
Rendering issues with shatter effect
on Jun 16, 2014 at 5:47:24 am

I posted this earlier, so sorry if a double post shows up, but the thread hasn't appeared for some reason.

Anyways, I'm attempting to create a 1920x1080 shot where the artificial camera pans up from the ground, sees a large glass dome shattering in the sky, than pans back down to it raining on the people. so far it looks smooth, but it wont let me render it to video. whenever it gets to the shatter part it freezes up, dies, and gives me an error saying shatter cannot be loaded. I believe the issue is because I am using pictures with really large sizes (more than 5000 x 3000 pixels) in order to achieve the pan.

I think the only way to fix this is updating my hardware, but I am not tech savvy so am not sure. if theres any tips on how to better render this by changing after effects settings, I'd like to know. but if it just means i need to get some stronger parts, I'm all ears and would like to know what those are.

i have an intel i5 processor
two slots of 4 gigs of ram each
a Nividia quardro 600 graphics acrd
running windows 7 64 bit.

if theres any other information you need, please let me know.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Rendering issues with shatter effect
on Jun 16, 2014 at 2:16:17 pm

[Bob Cat] "whenever it gets to the shatter part it freezes up, dies, and gives me an error saying shatter cannot be loaded. I believe the issue is because I am using pictures with really large sizes (more than 5000 x 3000 pixels) in order to achieve the pan."

You can test this by using shatter on a smaller layer in the same project, but I will add that I am able to use Shatter on a 5000x3000 layer without any trouble.

[Bob Cat] "i have an intel i5 processor
two slots of 4 gigs of ram each
a Nividia quardro 600 graphics acrd
running windows 7 64 bit."

You don't have a lot of RAM -- if you have multiprocessing enabled, you should turn it off.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Bob Cat
on Jun 16, 2014 at 10:11:29 pm

you are right on the shatter thing. I have another video that shattered just fine before, but now it wont render.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 17, 2014 at 2:39:33 pm

So you can shatter smaller layers, but not the large one?

Do you need the full layer for Shatter, or can you fake it with a smaller area?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Bob Cat
on Jun 17, 2014 at 3:36:41 pm

I think I have the issue fixed. i could not shatter even small layers, so i reinstalled after effects. now i can shatter small layers, and i think i can shatter the big layer, its just taking for ever to load.

I cannot fake it with a smaller area, need professional quality if I wanna get paid of course. i ordered 32 gigs of ram, hopefully this will help it render better.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]