ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

[please] How do I have a normal camera pan with slow motion footage?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Bifulco
[please] How do I have a normal camera pan with slow motion footage?
on Jun 16, 2014 at 1:30:59 am

Something I must learn as seen here

during the beginning where the man shoots the other man in slow mo but the camera is still normal speed. How is that possible,

Please help, I am willing to speak more of this video if you need it, really want to know

Return to posts index

mathew fuller
Re: [please] How do I have a normal camera pan with slow motion footage?
on Jun 16, 2014 at 3:47:16 am

You posted a link to a picture with a song playing.

My Work:
http://www.morecompletefx.com

Return to posts index

Christian Bifulco
on Jun 17, 2014 at 2:03:42 am

OOOOOOPS, THIS--------------

Return to posts index

Christian Bifulco
on Jun 17, 2014 at 2:05:28 am

The video meant to be sent--------------

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
on Jun 22, 2014 at 5:43:31 pm

Before seeing the example my initial thought was that the effect was something created during production rather than something in post and watching the video confirms that. In this case the effect was created by an in-game engine (or an actual 3D modeling software).

Now the same process can be used in AE with 3D layers and camera movement, but this means that you will have to construct a 3D environment within AE. However this also means that you will need to create depth. At a minimum a background and the characters would have to be separate objects, but as AE is not true 3D everything will still look flat (i.e. you won't get the change in depth of field or change in perception of the rifle barrel). I can think of a whole bunch of tricks and tweaks that could make it look better, but I hardly believe they are worth mentioning as it will take up far more time than simply filming it correctly in the first place and will still look flat.

For something like in the Matrix where the action slows down and the camera pans around what is going on, this was also an effect created during production. In this movie's case, the action was filmed with multiple, multiple cameras all being overcranked. The "pan" in the movie is actually an illusion created by jump cutting across all of the cameras along the "path".

Here is a video from the making-of for that shot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]