ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adding photos to After Effects and keeping them in the rendered project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kurt Bergeron
Adding photos to After Effects and keeping them in the rendered project
on Jun 15, 2014 at 4:56:08 am

Hello. So,...I'm not someone who uses After Effects often and I'm typically only ok at it when closely following tutorials, which in a nutshell I suppose isn't good at all ;)

My problem is, I'm adding photos to a template, which appear in the project when I click play on the timeline. Everything is just as I want it to look. However, when I export the project. None of the photos are included. WHY do I see them in my project, but they AREN'T in the export, and how do I fix it please? Am I doing something wrong between create proxy and set proxy? Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Adding photos to After Effects and keeping them in the rendered project
on Jun 15, 2014 at 2:05:32 pm

Just do a Collect Files on the project. This will put both your rendered materials and all elements used in it (photos) in a .zip file in a new folder with the project name.

Scroll down to Collect Files to find out the details:

http://helpx.adobe.com/en/after-effects/using/basics-rendering-exporting.ht...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on Jun 15, 2014 at 4:28:02 pm

[Kurt Bergeron] "WHY do I see them in my project, but they AREN'T in the export, and how do I fix it please?"

When you RAM preview the composition do the images display as expected? Are you adding the correct composition to the Render Queue?

You may find this helpful:

http://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/basics-rendering-exporting.html#...

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 16, 2014 at 2:12:02 pm

[Kurt Bergeron] "My problem is, I'm adding photos to a template, which appear in the project when I click play on the timeline. Everything is just as I want it to look. However, when I export the project. None of the photos are included. WHY do I see them in my project, but they AREN'T in the export, and how do I fix it please? Am I doing something wrong between create proxy and set proxy?"

Using proxies here is a bit of a non-traditional workflow.

Ordinarily, you'd import the photos you want to use into your project, then replace the placeholders with your photos. If you select a layer you want to replace in the timeline, you can hold the Alt or Option key while dragging a footage item from the project panel over it to replace it without changing its properties.

However, if you want to use a proxy workflow, you need to make sure the render is set to use proxies. By default, "Best Settings" ignores proxies, which is why you are not seeing what you expect.

In the render queue, click on the render settings to adjust them (this is probably "Best Settings" by default). In the upper right corner is an item called "Proxy Use" which is set to "Use No Proxies" by default. Change this to "Use All Proxies" and then your render should appear as you expect.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]