ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can I slice my composition into 12 pieces and save as separate files?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hayley Warren
Can I slice my composition into 12 pieces and save as separate files?
on Jun 13, 2014 at 3:11:41 pm

I apologise if I am missing something obvious here, but have spent far too long trying to find an answer with no luck. Please help!

I have a very large 10sec animation of 4356x5784px that is to go on a 4x3 HD video wall. (See attached image)

I usually create an animation in after effects and then use adobe media encoder to create an mp4. The problem I have with this is I can't get the resolution over around 1734x2304px using any of the settings and Im not really a fan of stretching pixels.

If I can slice the composition and save to 12 separate AE files, I can use media encoder to create 12 HD videos which will enable me to achieve HD across all screens.

Please tell me If there is a way to do this, or if you know of another way altogether!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Can I slice my composition into 12 pieces and save as separate files?
on Jun 14, 2014 at 1:48:16 am

Nest your master composition in 12 different new HD compositions, each with the master composition positioned within the containing composition to reveal the right portion of the image. Export the 12 HD compositions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Hayley Warren
on Jun 15, 2014 at 9:47:34 am

Thank you, that sounds great! Could you please break this down for me? How do I nest the master composition into new compositions, and how do I position them exactly in place?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jun 16, 2014 at 4:52:04 pm

Positioning them just requires doing some math. I would create my smaller comp, bring in the large comp, and move the anchor point to 0,0. That will be the first position. If the small comps are 1920x1080. Then just click in the anchor point of the larger comp x position and type in "+1920" and that will move it over exactly one comp. You can even type in something like "+(1920*2)" to move it over 2 comps. Do that fall all your comps and you'll be set.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Hayley Warren
on Jun 20, 2014 at 10:18:51 am

Thank you very very much John. That worked perfectly and the client loves it, I really appreciate your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]