ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Advanced Music Syncing in AE CS6?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nikko EmilioAdvanced Music Syncing in AE CS6?
by on Jun 8, 2014 at 8:05:16 pm

Hey, so I'm pretty new to After Effects and fairly new to editing in general.

Anyways I'd like to have three clips all synced with music. The song I'm using, Engine Three Seven - Adults Only, has three different beats in the beginning 30 seconds. I have three clips, each a different base color shade. What I want to do is have the videos all cut into triangle shapes that fit into the display.

Here's where I need a bit of help, I want one of the three videos to display at a different beat. Is there a way to sync different beats of a song to display different clips?

I'd also like to say that I have Sony Vegas 12 Pro with BCC 8. There is a feature in the plugin that allows for music syncing with different pitches of the song. I do not believe that there is any way to display and not to display clips with the beat, but if anyone knows if it is possible that would be great.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Advanced Music Syncing in AE CS6?
by on Jun 9, 2014 at 5:21:05 pm

So you want to cycle among a few different shots, cutting on the beat, in a music video?

It will take you longer to attempt to build and refine an automated system for doing this than it will to edit it by hand.

Nonetheless, if you're interested in audio-reactive effects, you can use Ae's Convert Audio to Keyframes feature [link] if you only need amplitude, or you could use the third-party Trapcode Sound Keys [link] if you need more control.

As you mention, BCC has a "Beat Reactor" feature in many of their effects.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Nikko EmilioRe: Advanced Music Syncing in AE CS6?
by on Jun 10, 2014 at 9:08:08 pm

Alright, thanks for the help i'll check out the links!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved