ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

PFTrack to Aftereffects problem.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan ConstantinoPFTrack to Aftereffects problem.
by on Jun 7, 2014 at 6:38:07 am

I'm trying to get tracking data out of PFTrack and into Aftereffects. The track is rock solid when played back in PFTrack, but when exporting as a .ma file and opened in after effects, none of the nulls line up where they should be at all and movement is "wobbly" as others have described it. Anyone had this problem?

Return to posts index

Ambar NarkarRe: PFTrack to Aftereffects problem.
by on Nov 2, 2014 at 2:50:20 pm

I am facing the exact problem as you are.

but no one seems to be responding.

i've no idea what's wrong.

have u got any solution ?

please I could use some help if you did.

Return to posts index

Ryan ConstantinoRe: PFTrack to Aftereffects problem.
by on Nov 2, 2014 at 7:48:06 pm

Hi Ambar,

another user on here pointed out that if you look into your zoom all the way into your timeline and look toward the end of your composition you might find that the keyframes aren't lined up exactly. Frame 1 is good but the last frame is off by like a 10th of a frame or something. you can fix this by selecting all keyframes and holding alt, clicking the last keyframe and dragging them to the correct location. Should snap into place. I also adjusted the scale a little bit to reflect the size of the room.

While this was in fact an issue for me, after I fixed it, I feel that the track was better but still not perfect. Coming up on a deadline for the project I was working on , I ended up exporting a .mov with a "test object" baked into the video. Then used mocha pro to translate that data, and to be honest with you im still not happy with the results. I wish I could give you more info, but thats as far as I got. Pftrack seems like such a great program I really want to keep using it, but need to figure out how to get it into AE.

Return to posts index

Ambar NarkarRe: PFTrack to Aftereffects problem.
by on Nov 3, 2014 at 5:42:11 am

Dear Ryan C,

I am very much GRATEFUL for your kind help.

it did the trick.

it seemed that camera doesn't normally export same length of key-frames as a video sequence

so key-frames never really line up---

also, in PFTrack, 25 fps are set by default, even though you are using 30 fps footage

that's where the problem was, I wonder I didn't pay attention to the primitive problem in the first place.

but I AM VERY GRATEFUL, You saved me from this riddle, my mind wasn't at rest.

Have a lovely day !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved