ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Voice over not working when dragging current time indicator

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frederick Jamel CastroVoice over not working when dragging current time indicator
by on Jun 5, 2014 at 10:37:28 am

Hi guys,

I am currently creating an animation (a character talking and moving) in After Effects CS6. Whenever I press the key "0" or the play button the animation works fine together with the voice over. Since I wanted to sync the voice over with the movement of the character's mouth. I tried using the "current time indicator" so I can drag left to right. So I will be able to sync the voice over to the mouth's expression (like for the F sound I will use the mouth animation for the F sound,etc.) but the voice over is not playing whenever I drag the current time indicator.

Is there a problem here or is there a button or a setting that I need to select?

Return to posts index

George GoodmanRe: Voice over not working when dragging current time indicator
by on Jun 5, 2014 at 2:11:54 pm
Last Edited By George Goodman on Jun 5, 2014 at 2:13:32 pm

hold down the command button while you drag ... or the cntrl if you're using windows.

"|_ (°_0) _|"

Sincerely,

George

http://www.vimeo.com/georgegoodman
http://www.linkedin.com/in/georgefranklingoodman

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Voice over not working when dragging current time indicator
by on Jun 5, 2014 at 2:21:00 pm

George has nailed it, but there are some other things that might be helpful for you as well.

Pressing LL will reveal the waveform which might help you visualize where certain sounds are.

Pressing . on the number pad will get you an audio preview. While the audio preview is playing (this also works with a RAM preview), press * to leave markers. If a layer is selected, it'll create layer markers. If no layer is selected, it'll create composition markers.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Frederick Jamel CastroRe: Voice over not working when dragging current time indicator
by on Jun 7, 2014 at 2:48:15 am

Wow! Thank you so much Michael for the advice this will help me a lot :)!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Voice over not working when dragging current time indicator
by on Jun 7, 2014 at 3:30:33 pm

No problem! Glad to help. :)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Frederick Jamel CastroRe: Voice over not working when dragging current time indicator
by on Jun 5, 2014 at 4:40:02 pm

Hi,

Thank you so much George :) I really appreciate it. That's exactly the solution!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]