ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I erase a picture for the whole duration of a video?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexii Burkett
How do I erase a picture for the whole duration of a video?
on Jun 2, 2014 at 9:11:21 pm

Hi there, I'm new to After Effects. I was wondering how can I use the erase tool to erase a picture for the whole duration of a video? I've tried to set the Custom Duration to the amount of frames of my video but that didn't work. I know there is an Infinite duration option somewhere to do this, but I can't find it. Help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!!!!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How do I erase a picture for the whole duration of a video?
on Jun 2, 2014 at 10:34:37 pm

Put the clip in the AE timeline, then double-click on it. Use the Pen Tool to mask out the part you don't want. Make sure you have something to put in the hole.

And if you're new, know that AE is devilishly difficult -- nay, impossible -- to use intuitively. You need to know the basics. So check this out:
http://library.creativecow.net/search.php?q=AE+Basics

Go down the page to Lesson 1 of Andrew Devis' AE Basics series. It doesn't matter it it's a different version than the AE version you have. Those lessons are great.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alexii Burkett
on Jun 4, 2014 at 7:58:19 am

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) ^_^

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Jun 3, 2014 at 3:25:50 am

With the layer selected tap uu to reveal all changed properties. You should see some bars that look like layers in the Paint effect, these represent the stroke durations. You can select them and slide their in and out points just like you would with layers.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]