ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS6 BUG / Final Render H.264 files have grey checkerboard pixrlation effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aj MillerAE CS6 BUG / Final Render H.264 files have grey checkerboard pixrlation effect
by on May 28, 2014 at 4:29:35 am

Has anyone seen this problem? I render out a project in H.264 and when you watch it, it's all grey checker boarded out with alot of pixelation? It usually happens when there is high contrast in the image, IE Black and White, the black goes grey and the white text has a shadow on the back of a grey checkerboard? This is highly frustrating. Sometimes I re-render and it goes away but its a flip of the coin to make it stop and it's costing me major time and frustration.

Any help is much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE CS6 BUG / Final Render H.264 files have grey checkerboard pixrlation effect
by on May 28, 2014 at 5:54:49 am

we recommend that you use Adobe Media Encoder to create H.264 files.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: AE CS6 BUG / Final Render H.264 files have grey checkerboard pixrlation effect
by on May 28, 2014 at 3:06:20 pm

You can either send your AE composition to the Adobe Media Encoder or create an intermediate file with a lossless codec and use that in the Adobe Media Encoder. If you're using the ray-traced renderer, it'll be much faster to render the lossless file out first and then use that in AME.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]