ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE to Media Encoder. Animation not rendering correctly

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth KesslerAE to Media Encoder. Animation not rendering correctly
by on May 20, 2014 at 8:53:05 pm

My expertise in AE CS6 is not super high-level so I'm assuming there's something I'm overlooking here. Basically, I'm trying to export an AE composition using Media Encoder due to media encoder's higher quality h264 export quality. Thing is, I have a blinking neon sign that animates fine in After Effects but, when exported with Media Encoder, the blinking is completely off. Where as there was originally a uniform blinking animation, after using the ME, one blink will be longer or shorter than the next. My neon sign looks broken! I'm not sure if it's the looping expression in the after effects project or what but I have to export as MP4 and im completely stuck! I've tried manually changing the frame rate to 25 in ME (the ae project's frame rate), changing the quality, number of passes etc. Please help!!

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE to Media Encoder. Animation not rendering correctly
by on May 20, 2014 at 9:23:50 pm

Without going into all sorts of diagnostic questions which take a lot of time with back-and-forth exchange, try this: render a lossless file from AE. Use the file in Adobe Media Encoder to create the mp4/h.264. See what happens.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Seth KesslerRe: AE to Media Encoder. Animation not rendering correctly
by on May 20, 2014 at 9:34:37 pm

Path of least resistance! That did the trick. Thanks much!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE to Media Encoder. Animation not rendering correctly
by on May 20, 2014 at 9:52:38 pm

And here's a bonus: now that you have that lossless file, you can make additional files in different codecs in AME, and they'll all look really nice.

Cool, huh?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

EricBowenRe: AE to Media Encoder. Animation not rendering correctly
by on May 20, 2014 at 10:39:36 pm
Last Edited By EricBowen on May 20, 2014 at 10:40:49 pm

Regardless of when Adobe states the FX processing is done, I have seen far to many encoding issues with high compression codecs when handling FX data. Always process heavy FX work out in lossless form first in order to maintain the original quality and FX build. Then encode to the delivery separately. It only takes more time if the encode direct to delivery actually works flawlessly the first time.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager
support@adkvideoediting.com

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE to Media Encoder. Animation not rendering correctly
by on May 20, 2014 at 11:32:43 pm

The workflow that we recommend is to render and export a losslessly encoded master file out of After Effects, with that result going into an Adobe Media Encoder watch folder, from which it is picked up automatically and encoded into your various delivery formats.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Seth KesslerRe: AE to Media Encoder. Animation not rendering correctly
by on May 21, 2014 at 2:49:05 pm

This has all been super helpful. Thanks again!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]