ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trippy distortion effect required / the 1st frame of a comp with RSBM

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Brewer
Trippy distortion effect required / the 1st frame of a comp with RSBM
on May 19, 2014 at 11:14:17 pm

hi hi hi,

Presumably this is something most Reel Smart Motion Blur users have seen (unless there is something very weird happening with my copy).. but the 1st frame or two of a comp in which it features looks really crazy. Now normally I just ramp the opacity of that layer on the problem frames but for the project i'm actually working on i'd love to somehow capture that look. (actually looking at it again whilst i upload, its not as great as i recall but with some tweaking it might be nice..)

My client wants some really trippy distortion effects happening on our protagonist and i'm having trouble getting anything to work that isn't overly obvious, dated or cliche. Been playing with various blurs, fractal displacements etc etc but not to especially great results..

Any ideas?!
:)

Return to posts index

chris brett
Re: Trippy distortion effect required / the 1st frame of a comp with RSBM
on May 19, 2014 at 11:40:26 pm

- trippy effects .......a bit subjective but done a few good ones playing around with glass plugins --- might be possible to do this also with emboss -- the idea being to use much higher than usual settings until aspects of the form start to merge together -

-- you can also get weird and wonderful things from some of the sapphire plugins -- think they do a blobby distort glass type thing you can animate as well - in fact this might be a good option......

- chris

Return to posts index

Andrew Brewer
on May 21, 2014 at 2:05:09 pm

Thanks for the quick response Chris!
Ahhh, yes, Sapphire plugins.. one day, one day :)

Will definately try the glass effect idea though,thanks again

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on May 24, 2014 at 4:23:22 pm

There is a RSMB effect that takes motion vectors. Use that and supply arbitrary vectors.

I think Twixtor, if you have it, allows you to produce motion vectors from footage. You could produce vectors that way and then modify them or combine them with motion vectors from some other footage.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Andrew Brewer
on May 28, 2014 at 9:55:38 pm

Oooh, nice idea. I'm a bit up against it for time - delivery tomo ha! Might give it a go though.. wonder if i can find some random motion vector footage floating about that I can bang in to play with.. hmm!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]