ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

A way to change image dimensions without affecting puppet pins?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawnna BassA way to change image dimensions without affecting puppet pins?
by on May 16, 2014 at 7:45:13 pm

Hi all,

so I made a huge mistake that I am now paying for. I know better, but alas, I tested the gods. I have a creature that I painted in Photoshop and cut up for After Effects. Right now there's not a lot of room between the creature's horns, and the edge of the canvas in Pshop. My client wants the monster's head to do some pretty extreme scaling, so when I do that, the creature's horns are getting cut off.

The problem is, I already used the puppet tool on the head. If I try and move the head down in the original psd, it will not move the puppet pins along with the head. This means my puppet tool mesh is essentially useless and I have to redo the rig and start over.

Is there any way to adjust the size of an image's canvas without destroying a puppet tool mesh? Any help would be vastly appreciated! Thank you all!

Return to posts index

Anders SundstedtRe: A way to change image dimensions without affecting puppet pins?
by on May 17, 2014 at 10:03:51 am

Hi,

All you should need to do, is go into Photoshop and do Canvas Size and put in a larger canvas size value enough for the scaling later.

The puppet rig should not be affected.

--
Anders Sundstedt

2D Animator | 2D/3D Artist
After Effects Artist | Motion Graphics Designer | Illustrator
Mobile: +44(0)7531-800-711
Twitter: @sundstedt & @AfterEffectsArt
LinkedIn: sundstedt
Vimeo: sundstedt
http://www.sundstedt.se

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>