ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

card wipe query

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris brett
card wipe query
on May 16, 2014 at 6:22:08 pm

Hi

- 2 queries about card wipe transitions - any insight on this would b much appreciated.

1 ) Is it possible to get a real 3d cardwipe without actually building your own ? --- very interested in something like this that responds to the light with reflections / specularity and cast shadows.

2 ) Is is possible when using the AE version of cardwipe to set it so that there are 'no lights' ie image remains tonally unchanged -

---feel like I'm looking for a 'no lights button' and cant find it - result is slightly shaded round edges - not really noticeable but dulls caption and also needs to match untreated version in the comp.

--------------------------------- chris --

==========================================================

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: card wipe query
on May 16, 2014 at 7:35:47 pm

Are you SURE you can't disable the lighting? It's been a long time sine I last used Card Wipe, but I don't recall lighting problems.

Who knows? Maybe I just moved the lights completely off the image, or turned off specularity, made the lighting all-ambient... in any case, it wasn't a big deal. I'd check it again.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

chris brett
on May 16, 2014 at 8:09:33 pm

Hi Dave

--- thanks for speedy reply ....

...... its not a problem as such its just that it doesnt match original so there is a jump in levels when I go from one to the other --

------------ will take another look maybe you are right -- it cant be that tricky ....

------------------- regards -------------- chris --

==========================================================

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on May 16, 2014 at 9:54:02 pm

Card Wipe simulates perspective with shading, try increasing Ambient light and decreasing Light Intensity.

Return to posts index

chris brett
on May 16, 2014 at 10:04:50 pm

thanks Brian I will give it a try -- all the best ----chris --

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]