ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Walking on water in AE?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neeti Fidurko
Walking on water in AE?
on May 15, 2014 at 8:11:32 pm

I've been trying to brainstorm how to successfully show a person walking on water using a green screen. Any suggestions? I'd like it to look as real as possible, with water splashing as their feet move.

http://www.treeinthesky.com

Return to posts index

Myles Conti
Re: Walking on water in AE?
on May 16, 2014 at 8:12:04 am

I'd build a frame for the floor that was approx 15cm high all the way around, line it with plastic and make water tight.

Then place Perspex mirrored sheets down as a base - this will reflect the green screen so you have a key able floor, but also give you true reflections of your subject.

Then add between 5 - 10 cm of water on top of the Perspex, get your actor to walk on it, and shoot on a decent format. I find Red is my go to camera for green screen.

Good luck - let me know how you go.

Myles Conti
Director/Editor
contibrosfilms.com

Return to posts index

Jonachan Chainy
on May 16, 2014 at 9:24:07 am

hmmm. i bet you could find some 2d water spash effects online. if you are really good at 3d i bet you could animate some water. 3d effect- get a greenscreen---film straight at a 2d angle walking. (if you have tred mill without hand bars that would work... )just walk in front of the greenscreen. use the keylight effect in after effects to remove green

"being 13 is a good time to start vfx"
-jonachan chainy

Return to posts index

Neeti Fidurko
on May 16, 2014 at 7:44:03 pm

Yeah, I'm not the best at 3D, but this is a worthwhile suggestion to look into.. thanks to both of you guys for your thought out responses. I'll keep experimenting!!!

Return to posts index

Jonachan Chainy
on May 18, 2014 at 8:04:01 am

http://www.orangehd.com/archives/2013/09_september/Water_6.html

"being 13 is a good time to start vfx"
-jonachan chainy

Return to posts index

Ashah Peters
on May 19, 2014 at 9:35:51 am

I haven't actually tried this but I think you can use Trapcode Form to create a water looking effect in 3D space, followed by masking a some other adjustment layers to make it look like they're walking on there. Not sure if this will work but it's an idea...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]