ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Set data rate in Media Encoder, CC version on Mac OS X

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Platt
Set data rate in Media Encoder, CC version on Mac OS X
on May 15, 2014 at 6:37:13 pm

Hi. Is there a away to adjust the data rate in Media Encoder? I have been looking but have not found where. I am relatively new to After Effects/Media Encoder. Using CC version. Is the target bitrate where this is taken into account? I need to have a data rate of 200 kbps. I have the target bitrate set to .2 mbps. When I open mp4 in Quicktime after rendering and look in Quicktime Movie Inspector, the data rate is between 300 and 500 kbit/s. I am not savvy when it comes to rendering so reaching out to see how I can adjust data rate in Media Encoder. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Set data rate in Media Encoder, CC version on Mac OS X
on May 16, 2014 at 1:04:20 pm

You are setting the target bitrate correctly -- but that low target may not be achievable with the other parameters you've set, including raster size and frame rate. Can you post a screenshot of your encoder settings?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Sean Platt
on May 16, 2014 at 1:25:44 pm

Thanks Walter. I have attached a screenshot below of encoder settings. The pixel dimensions were determined by the client who also requested datarate at 200 kbps. These are 1 minute animation videos (all illustrator art imported into After Effects) set at a frame rate of 15 for the web. H.264 format.

screenshot:

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on May 16, 2014 at 8:10:27 pm

Is the audio contributing to your higher data rate?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Sean Platt
on May 17, 2014 at 2:17:27 pm

Hi Walter. the client specs were for the audio to have a bitrate of 32 or 48. When checking Quicktime movie inspector, these 1-minute animation videos I am working on with audio bitrate set to 48 have a datarate of 410 while videos with audio bitrate set to 32 have a datarate of 390- both of which not close to the datarate of 200 also in the client specs.

As I alluded to earlier, I am fairly new to After Effects and hard time wrapping my head around rendering options. I use quite a bit of time remapping throughout these 1-minute videos. A lot of mini animations built as layers in Illustrator and brought in to After Effects where they are timed with audio (time-remapping) to look like a classic simple cartoon. No effects. Just flat color illustrator art. Just throwing that out there in case it might have bearing on the datarate (guessing not but fishing for answers ;))

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]