ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Hmmmm... does Adobe still like me? I can't tell.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave LaRonde
Hmmmm... does Adobe still like me? I can't tell.
on May 15, 2014 at 5:21:45 pm

I frequently post both here and on Adobe's user forum. As of yesterday afternoon, I seem to be persona non grata on the Adobe web site.

After posting there in the morning, I was barred from doing so in the afternoon. According to the web site, I'm not registered. That's odd, I was registered the morning I found this little factoid out.

Now, Adobe has recently re-done its web site; I have to admit I'm not a fan of the new one but it'll do. Perhaps my problem has to do with growing pains there.

Or perhaps it is because I have gone on record here on the COW as being opposed to Adobe's new way of interacting with customers with the introduction of Creative Cloud. I don't like CC, and I'm not shy about saying so.

In either case, I'm not about to create a new user account on the Adobe web site just to post there. I know Adobe personnel read this forum, and perhaps they can offer a solution....

....and if they DON'T offer a solution, I think I will have learned an interesting tidbit about the new way Adobe interacts with users.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tim Kurkoski
Re: Hmmmm... does Adobe still like me? I can't tell.
on May 15, 2014 at 5:26:32 pm

Dave, it's not you. Adobe.com and Creative Cloud services are experiencing problems with user authentication. I can't sign in, either.

http://status.creativecloud.com

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on May 15, 2014 at 5:31:12 pm

They were having problems with their CC servers this morning. That could be doing it. I think you may be looking over your shoulder and seeing Adobe there too often - they're not Lex Luthor.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 15, 2014 at 5:46:57 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on May 15, 2014 at 5:49:22 pm

Yup, just found out via a Kevin Monaghan post that there's a big internet snafu at Adobe, and lots of things are affected. So it seems it's benign.

HOWEVER..........

I have witnessed threads ELIMINATED on the Adobe user forum where I have said, in so many words:

"You say you're not sure about the Creative Cloud? Do your homework and see if you really need it right now. If you don't, forget about it. You can always get it later, but if you get it now, they have their hooks in you for LIFE. Choose wisely"

Apparently, that's not the right thing to say there... albeit true. Hence my initial paranoia.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on May 15, 2014 at 5:32:44 pm

Yup, Dave. Here's the thread - problems with their sign-in system:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/378/7880

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on May 15, 2014 at 5:35:16 pm

Joe is correct. We're just having a sign-in service outage.

We still like you, Dave.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on May 15, 2014 at 5:37:02 pm

I just got back from a 10-day work trip and was wondering if my account had been compromised in my absence or something. Glad to know it's just troubles on your end.

Hopefully it gets fixed soon. I have many unread forum threads to go through!

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 15, 2014 at 6:05:38 pm

Thanks, Todd. Nice to know we can have opposing viewpoints.

The Adobe brass are going to have to do one heck of a selling job before they sway me.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]