ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Using Thai in After Effects - Change fonts on thai - Big Problem = Small Solution?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sandro ZollingerUsing Thai in After Effects - Change fonts on thai - Big Problem = Small Solution?
by on May 15, 2014 at 4:18:31 pm

to all estimated after effects superstars

my problem is. i have to realise some overlays with text for an international client, who has its own font as ttf and otf.
i have a word document with the thai text. in word i can change the font of the thai text to the clients font, which i installed in windows, ttf or otf no matter.
when i copy the thai text to after effects or another adobe programm, the font for the thai text change to tahoma and i can't change it to the client font like in word and i the adobe programms i just see the otf fonts as installed not the ttf.

what can i do to change the font for the thai text in after effects?
thanks a lot.
z.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Using Thai in After Effects - Change fonts on thai - Big Problem = Small Solution?
by on May 15, 2014 at 5:14:20 pm

Have you restarted your computer since you installed the new fonts?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Sandro ZollingerRe: Using Thai in After Effects - Change fonts on thai - Big Problem = Small Solution?
by on May 16, 2014 at 9:19:19 am

Yes i've restarted my computer. But it still doesn't work.
more ideas?
thanks z.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Using Thai in After Effects - Change fonts on thai - Big Problem = Small Solution?
by on May 16, 2014 at 3:40:06 pm

Are you saying that you don't see the installed fonts at all inside After Effects? What about Illustrator or Photoshop?

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Sandro ZollingerRe: Using Thai in After Effects - Change fonts on thai - Big Problem = Small Solution?
by on May 16, 2014 at 4:01:57 pm

no i see the installed otf font in all adobe products, but if i try to change my thai text to this font, nothing happen, the font remains as tamoha.
and that's the problem.
maybe i have to say, i work on pc.

Return to posts index

by on May 19, 2014 at 4:16:36 pm

Does the font work in Illustrator or Photoshop?
If it does, import the Illustrator or Photoshop file into After Effects.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

by on May 20, 2014 at 7:52:17 am

no the font doesn't work in all adobe products, but it work in word and excel...

Return to posts index

by on May 20, 2014 at 1:58:38 pm

Sounds like there is something with that font file that Adobe programs don't like.
I don't know any fix for you aside from recreating the characters. (Auto trace them in Illustrator or AE based off of an image file you create in Word, perhaps.)

You might try posting in the Adobe forums and/or filing an official bug report.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

by on May 23, 2014 at 5:28:51 pm

Problem solved.
It was easy at the end, but how could I know that before.
The font was already installed in all adobe products, but not in the first long font list from A-Z.
The font was unter the chinese fonts.
Thank you all for your generouse help.
Nice Weekend.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]