ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Question on Trapcode Particular Animation Prob

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gordon StrauchQuestion on Trapcode Particular Animation Prob
by on May 15, 2014 at 11:28:31 am

Hi Guys and Girls,

at the moment, i am animating a deck of old photos, falling from off-camera to a table with the use of particular. So far no problem, but now i got stuck with a little problem:

To get the Photos to lay down own the table, i created a 3d layer for trapcode to bounce the particles (photos) on. But to make the animation a bit more random, i added a bit of Y-rotation-speed in the rotation, so that the photos random-rotate a bit while falling to the table and here comes the problem, as soon as the reach the top of the 3d layer, they keep spinning. This would be solvable through animating the rotation over time, but i question myself if there is a smarter way to solve this?

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Question on Trapcode Particular Animation Prob
by on May 15, 2014 at 7:58:58 pm

On that case I don't think you can have it both ways. Either they keep spinning or they don't spin at all. But I'd advise you to do it with layered animation, this way you can add lights/shadows and have a much more real/appealing look.

Return to posts index

Matthew KeaneRe: Question on Trapcode Particular Animation Prob
by on May 16, 2014 at 2:53:13 pm

Have you tried playing the 'air resistance rotation' (or called something like that) setting? I haven't tested this, but it should allow you to start with the cards spinning but have them gradually stop rotating as they fall - if you get the setting right, they would stop before they bounce.

Matthew Keane

Freelancer based in Paris, France
- Motion Graphics, Video Editing & Effects, Watchout Programming & Live Operation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved