ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Automatic creation of folders for image sequences

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chandra hopeAutomatic creation of folders for image sequences
by on May 14, 2014 at 4:20:09 pm

Hello there!

Has anyone come across this new feature in CC 12.2 "Automatic creation of folders for image sequences" ?

Is there any way to turn this option off? I have searched and come up with nothing. It is very annoying as I export .tiff image sequences daily and I keep forgetting to un-check the "Save in subfolder" option. I do not like that it is automatically checked and I would like this to be turned off as it is when exporting a QT ,mov file. This new feature is really messing with my work flow. Hopefully there is a setting somewhere I have not found yet :)

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Automatic creation of folders for image sequences
by on May 14, 2014 at 4:44:33 pm

The page that you linked to describes how to use a different default. It says that image sequences by default use the the ‘Comp Folder and Comp Name’ template. Just switch to a different template that doesn't create a new folder.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

chandra hopeRe: Automatic creation of folders for image sequences
by on May 14, 2014 at 6:00:45 pm

Well I was able to solve the problem with the help of a great co-worker. I thought I would post the solution for anyone else who comes across this issue.

1. add to your render que
2. In the render Que Set your Output Module to an image sequence (i.e. Tiff Sequence)
3. In the Render Que Select the drop down arrow under "Output To:"
4. Select the "Custom" option
5. Delete the first part under the Template section. Mine looks like this:

then select the little paper icon to save it as a preset and check the Default box so it does this every time you have an image sequence.

Problem solved, no more unwanted subfolder created.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved