ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE + Newton, falling shapes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Remy LebeauAE + Newton, falling shapes
by on May 14, 2014 at 4:05:56 pm

Im looking to create an effect similar to the part in this video ( with the wine glass and the section right after.
Can anyone tell me how these might be done? I know they are using newton but I assume there's some script or something that can make this many tiny shapes that newton can use??

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: AE + Newton, falling shapes
by on May 14, 2014 at 5:58:00 pm

Layer Duplicator

Duplicater is a quick script that you can run that will duplicate all of your selected layers the number of times you enter.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: AE + Newton, falling shapes
by on May 14, 2014 at 11:33:38 pm

You can start off with a Shape Layer, with a single ellipse. Then use the Shape Layer's Repeater Operator. Then use Layer>Autotrace to get a single Solid Layer with a Mask for each ellipse. When you launch Newton, you will be prompted to separate the ellipses in the Solid, select yes and you should be good to go.

Gaudy Teaser Promo for an upcoming AE Type Gizmo.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Jason JantzenRe: AE + Newton, falling shapes
by on May 15, 2014 at 3:52:21 pm

If all you're going for is creating lots of layers. Why not use Array or just simply create one layer, duplicate it, then duplicate both of those, and so and and so on until you have the ammount you need. I like Array personally if I want to make...well, an array of layers.

As for Newton processing thousands of layers, you have to create the simulation in passes (no more than your computer can handle, but usually somewhere between 500-999) and then put each pass together in one master comp.

Jason Jantzen

Return to posts index

Remy LebeauRe: AE + Newton, falling shapes
by on May 20, 2014 at 2:31:58 pm

That Array script is exactly what i needed! Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved