ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How should I export files from AE so I can use them in Premiere without loosing quality?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Igor VukojevicHow should I export files from AE so I can use them in Premiere without loosing quality?
by on May 13, 2014 at 5:13:38 pm

My editor exports everything as Pro Res, but he works with a Mac and I have a PC.

How should I export files from AfterEffects or Premiere so that I can use them in another program without loosing quality?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: How should I export files from AE so I can use them in Premiere without loosing quality?
by on May 13, 2014 at 5:54:41 pm

Quicktime Photo-JPEG is very good. at high quality settings (90-99) any loss is practically imperceivable at that level of quality the files will be larger that prores, but higher quality. i couldn't tell you exactly what quality setting would equate to prores 422, but you might be able to find that info on the web. it's a standard part of quicktime, so you already have it on your system.

avid also has a free codec (available from their site) called dnxhd, which is practically identical to prores, and it will work just fine with ae and premiere.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Igor VukojevicRe: How should I export files from AE so I can use them in Premiere without loosing quality?
by on May 13, 2014 at 6:27:56 pm

Thank you so much.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: How should I export files from AE so I can use them in Premiere without loosing quality?
by on May 13, 2014 at 7:59:31 pm

If you want a losslessly encoded file with an alpha channel, a QuickTime movie using the PNG codec is a good choice.

> avid also has a free codec (available from their site) called dnxhd, which is practically identical to prores, and it will work just fine with ae and premiere.

We include DNxHD in After Effects CC (12.0) and Premiere Pro CC (7.0) and later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]